04 July 2012

Old Watertown Cemetery, Watertown, CT



Location: At the intersection of Rt 6/ Culler St. and Rt 63/ Main St. in Watertown, take Rt 63 / Main St. south. The cemetery is on the left. There is no parking however on Main St. I recommend turn left on the next street, French St., and then turning left again on Depot St. There's parking there and easy access to the cemetery.

Google Maps Visuals: roadside view   satellite view

Type of Site: Town cemetery, no longer in use

Condition: Many broken stones, a huge pit of debris, badly repaired stones

History and Notable Features: I need to go back and take some better pictures of the cemetery itself. I was just so overwhelmed with some of the beautiful stones, I neglected to take wide shots. I plan on going back.





No comments:

Post a Comment