- Plymouth Land Trust is having a free guided tour of the Plymouth village green including Old Plymouth cemetery on Saturday, July 14, 2012 starting at 11:00 am. For more information about the tour, go to www.plymouthlandtrust.org. In the event of rain, it will be held July 15 at the same time.
- Over the summer, volunteers gathered for headstone cleaning at East Cemetery every Thursday and Saturday from 10am to 2pm. It is presently stopped for the winter. We will post when it will resume again.
- Every October, the Sharon Historical Society in conjunction with Sharon Burying Ground, Inc. host a cemetery stroll where people re-enact the lives of notable individuals buried there.
- The superintendent of Center Cemetery is looking for volunteers to help with the maintenance, gardening and the raising of a few stones that were felled by vandals. I will be contacting him in the spring regarding the Cemetery Hunters' involvement, so you can either contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Torrington Historical Society directly.
- Every October, the Torrington Historical Society hosts a cemetery walk where they take you through Center Cemetery to tell you about the lives of Torrington's notable citizens.
- Every October, the Gunn Historical Museum hosts a cemetery tour through Green Hill Cemetery where people re-enact the lives of the notable individuals buried there.